Scalp Micropigmentation Training Courses
World-renowned technicians Paul Clark and Simon Lane now offer exceptional quality, award-winning scalp micropigmentation training at Brandwood Clinic in Solihull.
As two of the most talented and experienced SMP experts, Paul & Simon developed many of the techniques in use today. They have trained over 100 technicians, including some of the brightest talent in the business.
Brandwood Clinic provides a professional training facility with medical grade fixtures and fittings. We have created the ideal environment to learn the scalp micropigmentation process to the highest standard.
Chat to our team
0121 296 9280
Select a course from the menu to view details.
How is the training structured?
Our new course has been updated for 2019, encompassing innovative training delivered by the world’s leading master practitioners.
This Accredited Foundation Course in Scalp Micropigmentation Techniques includes all the required elements of health & safety, clinical practices and direct instruction from two of the world’s best practitioners, Simon Lane & Paul Clark.
Ahead of the course you will receive a manual featuring all the theoretical elements you need to learn in order to understand SMP. A test will take place during your time in clinic, the marks from which help to ascertain your qualification level.
The practical elements are delivered to a maximum of six trainees. Over the duration you will be equipped with the skills you need to produce high quality, consistent results with a high level of confidence and understanding of the process.
Each day, 10am until 6pm, is broken into clearly defined modules, each with specific learning objectives and desired outcomes. Your progress is assessed regularly throughout.
The final day includes supervised work on a model you will have sourced and provided, giving you crucial hands-on experience with a real client.
The extensive range of learning modules include:
- Room setup, hygiene and clean-down.
- Equipment and scalp pigment fundamentals.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety
- Planning a procedure over multiple sessions.
- The consultation process
- The critical depth factor.
- How to create two amazing hairlines and side profiles.
- Creation of density / dot spacing.
- Blending with existing hair.
- Treatment completion.
- Taking great photos to showcase your work.
What are the costs?
The full course includes 4 days practical in our clinic and costs just £2250 + VAT. We can recommend suitable hotels and provide travel advice if required.
How to book your place
To enquire about the next available dates or for further information, call our training team on +44 (0) 121 296 9280 or email us: email@example.com
Pathway to Level 4
The revised structure of our all-encompassing training course puts you in a position to gain higher level knowledge and qualifications.
As part of this you can add further modules at a later date which enable you to qualify at Level 4 Scalp Micropigmentation Procedures, the highest qualification level available in the UK for SMP.
What is the qualification?
Premier level Practical & Theory
CPD accredited, 130 learning hours/points
Accredited Foundation Course in Scalp Micropigmentation Techniques
Innovative Training delivered by The World’s Leading Master Practitioners
No entry qualifications are required, it is open to all. Each trainee will be required to submit case studies after completing the practical elements of the course, these will be assessed and advice given accordingly. We aim to support each of our trainees in their future development.
Advanced Scalp Micropigmentation
Our Level 2 course is designed for the more experienced technician, those seeking to enhance their techniques and develop further skills in micropigmentation for the scalp.
Aims and Outcomes
‘Advanced Scalp Micropigmentation’ is a practical course, the aim of which is to further develop core practitioner’ skills and enable the delivery of two new hairlines. This includes executing the essential principles of Scalp Micropigmentation, hairline, profile & density work, as well as learning how to create the Brandwood exclusive, ‘Jagged’ & ‘Feathered’ hairlines.
Instruction is delivered in small groups (maximum of 3 students) by two of the most experienced Scalp Micropigmentation technicians and trainers in the world, Simon Lane & Paul Clark.
Specific Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, students will:
- Have a knowledge and understanding, including practical execution, of the exclusive Jagged & Feathered hairlines. Receiving personal instruction on how to create them by the practitioners who developed these two most natural of hairlines.
- Have practical experience of advanced Scalp Micropigmentation techniques including how to achieve improved consistency, density, pressure & patterns.
- Be capable of carrying out the safe practice and use of Scalp Micropigmentation equipment and pigments, within all health & safety guidelines.
- Be able to prepare a treatment room – set up & clean down, implementing high standards of hygiene, and following health & safety protocols.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Explanation of Jagged & Feathered hairlines.
- Drawing Jagged & Feathered Hairlines
- Drawing natural side profiles
- Learning dot formation and density placement for Jagged & Feathered hairlines.
- Creating 1st, 2nd & 3rd Session Density for the hairlines on paper, bananas (representing skin) and mannequins.
- Assessing Pigment Colour selection following on from a completed Session 1 treatment.
- Pigment Mixing
- Creating 2nd session density and sample hairline on a live model (Day 2).
- Performing a 2nd session on a full head. Live model. (Day 3)
- Full Treatment Room Set Up & Clean Down
Examinations & Grading
Students will be assessed throughout the course by the tutor who will sign off students individually across a level of interim skills and abilities:
- Ability to draw Jagged & Feathered hairlines.
- Ability to draw natural and soft side profiles.
- Demonstrate an understanding on how to conduct a client assessment prior to session 2.
- To be able to create and develop density over 3 sessions.
- To be able to complete a full head of Scalp Micropigmentation with consistent pressure spacing.
How to book your place
To enquire about the next available dates or for further information, call our training team on +44 (0)121 296 2980
If you are already trained and successfully practicing SMP, you may be interested in taking your knowledge to a higher level.
Paul & Simon offer direct instruction with masterclasses created specifically to address the issues you are facing in your treatments. As the courses are bespoke they generally run from 1-3 days and include no more than 3 participants per session, allowing a personalised, one-on-one, experience.
How to book your place
Practitioners have travelled from all over the world to take part in this process. Detail and prices available on request.
Call us on +44 (0)121 296 2980 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org